Cancer Relay for Life begins at 6 pm on this Friday 12 June 2009 at the Bonner County Fairgrounds. If you are going to be with us live and in person – you can plan on camping out overnight. Contact me for a list of items to bring or check the website. For Miko, Rebekah, Yolanda, Tay, Ash, and so on … if you are going to support the event from the virtual world I really need you sign up right away. Please remember that this will take only a few minutes of your time. If you ask 10 people for five bucks we can raise funds online that will go to work here in Sandpoint for wigs, counseling, rides, support services, and so much more – all for people you know. Here are the steps (Print these directions & go for it):
1. Go to the TEAM WEBSITE here.
2. Under “Welcome to the Team Page Virtual Reality” CLICK on JOIN TEAM.
3. Go to the 3rd Option ” Participant Joining A Team” and CLICK.
4. Click on “next step” at bottom of page.
5. Click on “new user”.
6. It will take a few minutes to fill out just the info that applies to you.
7. After you have joined there is an opportunity to customize your personal page or use the material provided.
8. There will be a screen to allow you to use material provided and reach out to your friends electronically for a donation.
9. People can donate to you online.
10. If you are in North Carolina, California, Florida or elsewhere in the country – you follow all of the instructions AND
go to Twitter.com and join up. Seriously takes about 30 seconds.
11. Take some time during the Cancer Relay between 6 pm on Friday through 10:00 a.m. on Saturday morning; sign into twitter.com and go to http://twitter.com/bashfuldanyoung and type encouraging notes to the people walking inside the Main Exhibit Hall at the Fairgrounds. They will see you name, picture, and message on the big screen or wall while they are walking.
We are trying to make this a really fun-filled overnight experience for the teams. We have live bands, live performers, Sumo Wrestling, Guitar Hero Contest, Wii Tournament, Scottish Highland Dancers, food, beverages, sunrise breakfast, and so much more. The virtual team was meant to keep us connected even though you have moved on to college, marriage, and jobs that have taken you to other parts of the country. If you sign up and participate; we can all be connected again and raise funds to fight a disease that has taken too much from us already. All you have to do is use the computer you are sitting at and in about 20-30 minutes you can be on the team, have a page, send a request to your email friends and relatives to have them go to YOUR page and donate five bucks. You can check back online at any time to see how you are doing and how our team is doing.
This is about the last chance I will have to make a pitch for you to join up. I am hoping to check back tomorrow and the next day and see some of your names on our team list. I will continue to post to my Facebook page each day and I can answer questions at DYoung6962@aol.com or call me at 1-208-290-2249.